How To Blog: Tips For Getting StartedPosted by Nicole
In my previous post, I wrote about blogging as content marketing.
For those who haven’t yet started a blog, the commitment to being pretty, witty, and wise on a regular basis can feel intimidating.
Start small, with a modest plan for posting just once a week to start. Write relevant and engaging content for your key audience and you should start to see results — more sign ups to your newsletter, more queries, and ideally, more business.
Here are some tips to help you get started with a blog.
* Hatch a blogging plan! Create an editorial calendar to keep track of how often you post, and when. If you keep to your schedule your readers will begin to anticipate your posts so it’s important to stick to your schedule.
* Brainstorm topics in advance. Knowing what you will write about ahead of time will give your brain a chance to come up with ideas before you sit down to a blank screen. Try coming up with a theme for each month. You can write for seasons, occasions, or events and tie them in with promotions.
* Write about relevant, timely topics. Search the web for news related to your business that you can comment on in your blog. Position yourself as an expert by always providing useful information, and your following will grow.
* No ideas? Call in an expert to write a guest post. Contact someone with an active blog in a complementary industry to offer your audience something new. Better yet, agree to swap guest posts so you have the opportunity to reach out to another audience.
* Still stuck? Interview an expert for your blog.
Ready to get started? Great! Already have a blog and have some useful tips to share about blogging? We’d love to hear from you! Leave us a comment or send us a note. We may include your tips in an upcoming post. Happy blogging!