Tips For Optimizing Your LinkedIn ExperiencePosted by Nicole
If you’re new to LinkedIn, these tips and suggested resources will help you maximize your LinkedIn experience with an optimized profile. You’ll also learn how you can make the most of LinkedIn group discussions, establishing your brand and generating leads.
Create An Optimized LinkedIn Profile
In his article, Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile For Best Results, SEOMoz contributor Anthony Piwarun suggests these optimization techniques.
- Think carefully about the three best keyword phrases that describe what you do. Include them right in your headline (the text that appears immediately below your name)
- Make it easy for people who aren’t established connections to find you by adding your email address at the end of your headline
- Use keyword phrases in your Summary, where you can expand on who you are and what you do. Remember that making content SEO-friendly means using keywords wisely. Focus on writing well, then pepper your text with keyword phrases.
For more detailed suggestions on how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, take a look at this excellent article by Kristi Hines of Social Media Examiner.
Connect And Learn With LinkedIn Groups
Sharing is a key part of getting your company noticed on social networks. The more active and helpful you are, the more likely you’ll be remembered when someone is looking for the products and services you offer. Get started sharing on LinkedIn with these tips.
- Join LinkedIn groups that are relevant or complementary to your business, and set aside time each week to participate in discussions.
- Share company news and valuable content within your groups. Link up to your blog posts, share an interesting article, or participate in discussions in your areas of expertise.
- Focus on being helpful to other members, rather than simply promoting your business. Respond to questions, offer solid advice, and comment on discussions — always adding value.
More Resources For LinkedIn Novices
A great starting point for those brand new to LinkedIn is the LinkedIn Learning Center. Here new users will find everything they need to know, as well as customized resources for small business owners, and entrepreneurs.
Has joining, participating in, or marketing on LinkedIn made a difference to your business? Share your tips in our comments!